Hi, I’m Cam!

Since 2016, I’ve been writing in-depth tech comparisons on Power Moves. I typically compare two popular devices to each other, then make a recommendation based on your specific needs. My posts are usually between 2,000-4,000 words. Unlike popular tech blogs, I buy the devices myself and write in terms that non-nerds can understand.

But now I want to offer more…

Why subscribe to the Power Moves Newsletter?

  1. You’ll get an abbreviated version of each comparison post. Not everyone has time to read 3,000 words. When a new post goes live, a summary of my findings will be sent to your inbox. There will always be a link to the post if want to read the entire thing.

  2. You’ll get exclusive reviews. I usually write about devices that are frequently searched on Google because it’s the easiest way to get views. But I want to write about interesting, weird, or quirky items that you’ve never heard of before. There are lots of Kickstarter projects and devices from young startups that I want to try.

  3. You’ll get device demos. My videos may include hidden features, how to do certain things, or answer common questions. You’ll get the video sent to your inbox each time that I post one.

My Background

My entrepreneurial drive started in first grade. I created a pencil pouch and put my name on it. A few classmates took notice and I saw an opportunity. It cost $0.50 to make, but I sold each for $2. Talk about big profits margins!

My mom intervened and made me give back the money.

“You should be nice,” she said.

“No, Mom, I want to make money,” I said.

By middle school, I started selling stuff on eBay. I went from selling items for family and friends (for a small “Cam fee”) to buying large amounts of iPhone cases from China. Then, I got I kicked off eBay – it turns out the cases I was selling weren’t so legit.

I worked for my dad for a couple of summers making cabinets. I respect what he does and the hard work it takes, but it’s not for me. I’m sure my presence is sorely missed; I had skills at sanding boards. Oh, I was a solid sweeper of floors too.

In high school, I was asked to help my dad’s friend sell his TV screen protectors and given the position of “Marketing VP” for Crystal Wall. I knew absolutely nothing about marketing, but I knew if we could get traffic to Crystal Wall’s site I could make us money, yet I had no idea how to do it. I wanted to rank for “TV screen protector.” I quickly learned search engine optimization and more about organic results. That’s when my interest in SEO began. I bought some online courses and learned how to dominate the search engines.

I quit my job at Crystal Wall and decided to make affiliate sites. I was good at ranking and giving visitors exactly what they wanted.

Next, I created Reviewpon intending to provide honest and ethical web hosting reviews. It’s pretty common for money grubbing affiliates to refer host services that provide the largest commission. That drove me nuts. I had a good run with the site, made money, but soon hated web hosting and its lack of ethics.

During my four years of college, I inconsistently worked on Bidiction, which was my take on online auctions. I knew how I’d like to change online auction sites and put together a pretty sleek design, but it’s not something I knew how to capitalize on nor did I have the amount of money required to get things moving.

Now, I write comprehensive tech comparisons on Power Moves.

Facts About Me

  • I buy all Apple’s products on release day. My collection: iPhone 11 Pro, AirPods, HomePod, Apple Watch 5, Apple TV, and MacBook Pro.

  • I’m building a cool app, Sterp, that lets people show off their favorite gadgets.

  • Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, and Jack Dorsey are legends who I look to for inspiration.

  • I’m an avid podcast listener. I love Joe Rogan and Tim Ferris. If my posts go live later than promised, it’s probably because I got caught up listening to Joe.

  • I’m obsessed with exercising (biking, running, hiking, and weight lifting). I’m on a streak of 600 consecutive days of at least 30 minutes of exercise. A morning workout clears my brain for the rest of the day.

  • I’m obsessed with the Boston Celtics. I once went four consecutive seasons without missing a game (about 80% live on TV, the other 20% were DVR’d).